Monday, August 21, 2006

Daddy's First Contact

I was able to feel the baby's kicks for the first time this weekend.  It was a moment on par with the first hearing of the heartbeat and seeing the first ultrasound pictures.  It was also a "holy @#$% we're really having a baby" moment.  I couldn't be happier!

Another sign that our lives are changing...we spent Saturday night at Babies 'R' Us looking at the infinite choices in strollers and car seats.  How did any of us survive childhood without all of these products?

5 comments:

Grandma B said...

I have often wondered how you guys arrived at adulthood, relatively unscathed!!!!! And those car seats remain a mystery to me - I cannot figure out how to hook them!

Anonymous said...

Since you are "really having a baby", I guess we can start looking for noisy toys for the little one. Woohoo!

Anonymous said...

Gee, I wonder why tim made that comment?????

Wasn't it Barb who fell out of the car one day and got a cut that needed stitches on her forehead? I guess Mom needed one of those car seats.

Enjoy these months because your life will never be the same again, but that's a good thing, right?

Barb said...

Yes it was me and I have the scar to prove it. Did you guys ever pick out a crib? One with approved slats??? Life was so much easier when we were having kids :)

Anonymous said...

Very true, your life will never be the same... many more proud happy moments and many more worried frightened moments. Even at 14 months, sometimes I look at Calvin and really can't believe that he is our kid. I remember the first few weeks after he was born as blurry, hazy (from lack of sleep) and magical. It made me wonder how my parents felt. - Aaron