Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Walk for CCFA

We will be participating in a fundraising walk for the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America (ccfa.org) on Sunday, October 7. Please support us in our efforts raise awareness and funds to further research for the cause, treatment, and (ideally) a cure for these autoimmune diseases.

Since my diagnosis and surgery almost 2.5 years ago, I have been fortunate to have my disease largely under control with medication (yea!). I do suffer some run-down days, but I don't have the chronic pain, nausea and fatigue that I had before. Compared to many others, I have it quite easy. I can't imagine having to go through adolescence and deal with this illness.

It has been over 4 months since my last ER visit, and I would like to make that a year - or 5! Having to take our very young son to the ER at 3am so mommy could get an IV was no treat...and I hope it never happens again.

Please let Chris or me know if you would like to donate to our cause. Thanks in advance for your support, and if you've already donated - we so appreciate it!

No comments: