We had a pretty low-key summer (with perfect weather for late pregnancy!), but still fun. We got lots of projects checked off the to-do list around the house. We took a few roadtrips, had some fun outings in the metro area, went to the lake, had some picnics, and did other miscellaneous summer stuff (BBQ's, fireworks, farmer's market, etc.).
The most fun project completed was Wyatt's swingset. After a lot of work from daddy assembling, scrubbing, staining, and tweaking, it looks great and has gotten a lot of use. It's a hit when other kids visit, too.


Wyatt managed to take his first solo flight off of one of the swings, simultaneously giving Mommy and Daddy heart attacks and taking a rough face plant in the grass. Fortunately, he was fine, and a quick trip to the dentist proved that his teeth were, too. Oi.

Daddy had a great helper on other projects as well who put tools to use as often as possible:


Wyatt hit a major milestone this summer and has been potty trained for 3 months! He reminds us that, "when I was little, I used to wear diapers". Such a big boy, and honestly, we've enjoyed the brief break from diapers.
I think our favorite vacation treat this summer was a stay at a water park in Brainerd. Wyatt enjoyed it so much he wore his wrist band for three weeks afterwards (note it in the dentist photo, above), and still talks about going back.
In the meantime, we're spending as much time as we can outside and looking forward to going from "party of 3" to "party of 4".

1 comment:
Heidi,
GREAT pics and you look great. What is the due date exactly? I know it's coming soon, but can't remember when. I know 4 people or so who are due in Oct. Crazy! CONGRATS to you guys and to Wyatt on the potty training. That's awesome. I so wish we were there!! BTW - has Wyatt grown like a weed this summer..he looks so big/tall. Hope all is well and we hope to make a plan to get together with you guys sometime this winter when we are in Mpls for a Vikes game. :)
Post a Comment