Thursday, November 30, 2006

3rd Trimester Ultrasound
















We hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Our 3rd trimester ultrasound and first biophysical profile test was this week, and we are happy to say that everything looks great and our wiggly baby passed with flying colors!

Above are photos from the latest ultrasound. The first is of Peanut's profile; s/he is facing up, and the top of his/her head is on the right. The other shot is of baby's foot, with its heel at the top of the photo.

Baby is still measuring ahead of schedule by a good 1.5 weeks or so. The tech nearly scared the crap out of me when she said that the ultrasound estimated the baby to be about 5 pounds already. I felt (a little) better when she also said that it is not scientific at all, and could be off by 1/2 lb. So, that's what I'm going with...4.5 pounds sounds nice, healthy, and manageable.

We managed to get moved okay, and are settling into our new home nicely. This weekend, we paint the nursery. Yea - I can finally "nest"!

Watch your mailbox for our new contact info next week.

Edited 12/1/06:
I had my regular checkup this morning, and based on the ultrasound results, was told we shouldn't so much expect a BIG baby, as a LONG baby. I guess this really shouldn't come as a surprise. Looks like this kid may have long legs and big feet like mommy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can hardly wait to kiss that little nose. Waiting to meet you, peanut. G'ma Debbie

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see pictures and to find out what the little one is gonna be. You two take care and remember, we want to see the baby next summer!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like everything is shaping up tremendously. Heidi, Don't inhale too many paint fumes. Let Chris do that! ;) Talking about a leggy, big foot baby.... can't wait until Matt and I can compare. If it takes after Matt it'll be too heavy for me to even bowl with! The long legs and big feet are a given. We're still working on the first. Remember, our second kids we'll have to try and time so they can be born on the same day like Matt and Chris! All our best, Matt and Alison